I’ve been making this recipe for years. It’s incredibly easy, has great macros and the burgers are super tasty 🙂
[recipe-foody]Makes 4 Burgers
- 500g turkey breast mince
- 125g grated carrot (= 2 large carrots or 3 small)
- 3 spring onions, chopped finely
- 1.5 tablespoons of Thai green curry paste
- 1 teaspoon oil (for cooking)
- Combine the turkey mince, grated carrot, chopped spring onion and Thai green curry paste in a large bowl and mix together.
- Separate the mixture into four equally sized balls and, using your hands, make each one into a burger shape.
- Heat the oil up in a large frying pan on a medium heat and, when hot, add the burgers. After around 2 minutes, carefully flip the burgers over. Cover them up with a lid and leave for around 8 minutes (this timing will depend on how thick they are – if in doubt use a meat thermometer to check that they are done).
- Remove from the pan and serve.
Macros (per burger)
175 calories | 29g protein | 4g fat | 6g carbs
- Adding in an egg white in Step 1 will help the burgers stick together better, which will be an advantage if you are cooking them on a barbecue (I meant to add this when I made the video but forgot – the burgers didn’t need it as the curry paste helps them stick together, but I was very gentle with them)
- This way of cooking burgers (on a hob, with a lid) works great with any kind of burgers. Just don’t try it with sausages…(the skin kind of steams off).[/recipe-foody]