**This is just one of the 8 ideas for chicken breasts in my free mini recipe book – click here to get it**
If you like miso soup, you will love this. The pairing of miso & walnut – like spinach and feta – is a match made in heaven. And walnuts go so well with sour apples such as Granny Smith.
[recipe-foody]Serves 1 very hungry person
1 heaped tsp miso paste
1 level tsp mirin (or use water)
a handful of walnuts (12 – 14 halves)
1 chicken breast
a handful of salad leaves
1/2 a chopped apple
miso dressing: 1/2 tsp miso paste mixed with 1/2 tsp sesame oil and 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Mix together the miso paste and the mirin (or you could just use water – the purpose here is just to thin it out a little).
- Chop up the walnuts, keeping a few aside for the salad.
- Cover the chicken breasts with clingfilm on a chopping board and flatten with a mallet or rolling pin (this is so they cook evenly – you can probably get away with skipping this step but will need to increase the cooking time by 5 – 10 minutes and be sure to check that the chicken is cooked through).
- Put the flattened chicken breast on a baking tray and top with the thinned miso paste and then the chopped up walnuts.
- Roast in an oven at 180°C for 20 minutes. Add in the reserved walnuts for the salad halfway through the cooking time to toast them.
- Combine all of the miso dressing ingredients together, mix well and drizzle over the salad leaves, apple pieces and remaining walnuts. Once the chicken breast is cooked (check that it is cooked right through before serving), place it on top.
Macros (the miso walnut chicken only)
477 calories | 59g protein | 24g fat | 12g carbs
including the salad:
551 calories | 59g protein | 27g fat | 26g carbs[/recipe-foody]