If you are in the UK, you’ll know that M&S do nice salad (they are a little on the pricey side..).
My favourite is the Mexican Rice, Quinoa & Avocado salad. I’ve tried so many times to recreate the dressing, but always failed.
For some reason, today I cracked it 🙂
I’ve replaced the rice with edamame beans to keep carbs low and add a little more protein.
- 1 pack Ready Cooked Quinoa (250g – or make your own from dried quinoa)
- 1 red pepper, core removed, deseeded and chopped
- 1 medium sized avocado, skin/stone removed and chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can sweetcorn, drained
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium sized bunch of coriander, leaves removed and chopped
for the dressing:
- juice of ½ a lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil (not extra virgin)
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp grated garlic
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp water
The dressing appears to have a lot of ingredients, but most of them (hopefully) you will already have in your cupboard anyway. The cocoa can be left out if you don’t have any and the garlic (although it finishes off the dressing really well) might be better left out if you are taking this salad to work.